A momentous occasion, my company’s first iPhone app has been submitted to the App Store. Hopefully it will fly through the review process within minutes and be accepted the very first time. OK, maybe not.
There was one application uploading issue I ran into. The distribution code built just fine after a bit of tweaking, but upon uploading the .zip file to the iTunes Connect page, I got the following error:
The binary you uploaded was invalid. The application-identifier entitlement is not formatted correctly; it should contain your 10-character App ID Seed, followed by a dot, followed by your bundle identifier.
As it turns out, I needed to make some changes to my Entitlements.plist file that did not appear to be mentioned or documented anywhere. Thanks to the TwoAppGuys and their blog entry “iOS4 and the wildcard” (link removed as it was broken) for the solution to this issue.
I will post again when I learn the ultimate fate of our app.